London woman escapes house fire, damage pegged at $140,000
A London woman was able to escape unharmed after a fire on Saturday morning.
The woman was heating grease on the stove of her Southdale Road East townhouse as she started making coffee.
The grease caught fire and that fire quickly spread to the rest of the kitchen.
Fire officials say the blaze caused about $140,000 damage, mostly to the main floor.
The woman has two children, a 17-year-old and a 2-year-old, but they were not home at the time of the fire.