Provincial police in Lambton County have released the name of the man who was electrocuted while putting up a large tent for a wedding celebration south of Watford.

Jeremy Bowley, 21, of London, was pronounced dead in hospital.

Three others were seriously injured by an electrical shock when a pole for the tent they were setting up made contact with hydro wires.

OPP say it happened around 5 p.m. Thursday at a home in the 8000 block of LaSalle Line in Brooke Township.

The three injured males include a 23-year-old West Elgin man and a 17-year-old and 25-year-old, both from London. They remain in hospital in stable condition.

Two other males did not suffer any injuries.

Provincial police say the crew of six was setting up the tent while working for London-based Signature Events Rental Centre.

Alvinston Fire Chief Ron McCabe, whose volunteer firefighters were called to the scene, says his crew was shaken up.

"Well, this kind of scene is rare - to roll-up to a scene and see that many people, down, and injured badly."

McCabe did a de-briefing with his department back at the fire hall to talk about the situation.

 "When you see a bunch of young people that are injured, be it a car accident or any kind of accident like this, that's never easy for the guys to see. Young, healthy people who have sustained serious injuries like this."

In the past 10 years, 28 people have died and more than 60 have been injured after contacting overhead power lines.

 Phil Delange, of A&B Tent Rental, says team leaders are always given the most up-to-date safety information. He says the Ministry of Labour  might consider more regulations after this tragedy.

 "If it's going to save lives, or (prevent) people being injured, I would always welcome that."

A post-mortem examination was scheduled to take place Friday in London.

Lambton County OPP and the Ministry of Labour, who had an engineer and inspector on site on Friday, are continuing their investigations.

Reaction to Bowley's death

An owner of Signature Events would not speak on camera but tells CTV News everyone is “devastated” and that words can’t describe the grief they are feeling.

The company’s offices are closed in light of the incident, but they say they are trying to fulfil their immediate commitments.

The president of the North London Baseball club, expressed the deep sadness of the club on its website.

"Jeremy and several of his teammates have been playing baseball with North London for many years and his teammates will always have the positive and rewarding memories and images of Jeremy stepping up on the mound to face his opponents. Our thoughts, prayers and condolences are with Jeremy’s family during this incredibly difficult time."

Jeremy's coach, Larry  Davidson, called him a kind and gentle person as well as a leader on the London Nationals team.

"Jeremy would rarely miss a game or practice, and as a result, was a tremendous ball player and asset to the team. He would inspire the team, when we were down with the never give up attitude. It was truly an honour to coach him and have him as a player. We have all lost someone exceptional."

On the Facebook Page, In Memory of Jeremy Stephen Bowley, his sister wrote: "Jeremy was (an) incredible young man who's (sic) life was cut short."