Police seize cocaine and knives after stopping London man on his bike
Published Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:49PM EDT
Last Updated Tuesday, October 22, 2013 12:50PM EDT
London police seized cocaine and knives after stopping a man for running a red light on his bicycle.
Two members of the foot patrol unit say they saw a man ride his bike through a red light at Richmond Street at York Street Sunday at 9:52 a.m.
While interacting with the man, he fled on foot. When he was arrested a short distance away, officers say they found illicit drugs and prohibited weapons.
Police seized two push knives, 11.3 grams of powder cocaine worth $1130, 5.1 g of crack cocaine worth $510, 8.2 g of crystal methamphetamine worth $82, and $1,040 in Canadian cash.
Officers say the bicycle was reported stolen on Oct. 17.
Jamie Keenan, 39, of London has been charged with the following offences:
- Three counts of possession of a Schedule I Substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Possession of a Schedule II substance for the purpose of trafficking
- Two counts of possession of a prohibited weapon
- Possession of a weapon contrary to order
- Carry a concealed weapon
- Possession of property obtained by crime
- Red light - fail to stop.