Skip to main content

Seaforth, Ont. tractor removal slated for this Friday

Share

A tractor that remains embedded in a building in downtown Seaforth is expected to be removed on Dec. 8.

Huron East CAO Brad McRoberts said that’s the date he’s been told that the tractor will removed from the historic building on Seaforth’s Main Street.

It’s welcome news to downtown businesses who have been dealing with the partial closure of the street to traffic since the crash nearly two months ago.

A large tractor pulling two wagons careened into the front of the building on Main Street at approximately 8:30 p.m. on October 13.

Half of the small town’s downtown has been closed to vehicles since then.

Restoration of the historic structure, believed to be Seaforth’s first ever brick building, is currently underway. The tricky task of supporting the building, while removing the tractor that remains embedded in the building and is essentially holding it up, is underway.

If all goes well, removal of the tractor is expected on Dec. 7 with Main Street reopening to traffic shortly thereafter. The Municipality of Huron East has said that had hoped to re-open Main Street during the first week of December. 

Correction

The Municipality of Huron East has changed the date of removal from Dec. 7 to Dec. 8. The story has been updated to reflect the updated information.

CTVNews.ca Top Stories

First-time homebuyer incentive discontinued: CMHC

Canada's housing agency says it is ending the first-time homebuyer incentive program. Canada Mortgage and Housing Corp. says the deadline for new or updated submissions to the program is midnight eastern time on March 21.

BREAKING

BREAKING State funeral, public condolences being planned for Brian Mulroney

A state funeral will be held later this month for former prime minister Brian Mulroney, who died Thursday at 84. Prime Minister Justin Trudeau says there will be opportunities for Canadians to express their condolences to Mulroney's family as well.

Stay Connected