Sarnia police say missing men cases not linked as waterfront search conducted
OPP divers are searching the waterfront in Sarnia, Ont. for two missing men on Wednesday.
Dustin Ireson, 33, and Trevor Morley-Wood, 40, have been missing since November.
On Wednesday morning, the OPP Underwater Search and Recovery Command Centre is stationed at the Sarnia Bay Marina, and team members are assisting investigators with the Sarnia Police Service.
Both Ireson and Morley-Wood were last seen near the water. Ireson went missing on Nov. 28, 2022, and was last sighted was in the area of the marina and harbour.
A day later, police located his pick-up truck.
Dustin Ireson is seen in this undated image. (Source: Sarnia Police Service/Facebook)
Det. Sgt. Kent Jamieson said Morley-Wood was last seen on Nov. 22 near gravel pits located next to the water.
“He was observed at or near the water on the west side of the city. He has not been seen or heard from since," Jamieson confirmed.
Back in the search area, divers are being aided by a canine unit. An OPP helicopter is also expected Wednesday.
Off-camera, two family members of Morley-Wood shared their appreciation for the efforts. But they and investigators are also aware of public speculation the disappearance of the two men could be linked.
Morley-Wood and Ireson vanished mere months after another Sarnia man, Trevor Chaput, went missing.
His case has been deemed suspicious.
Trevor Morley-Wood is seen in this undated image. (Source: Sarnia Police Service)
But investigators said at this point, that this is not what they believed happened to Ireson and Morley-Wood.
“As far as a crime or this being related to something suspicious, for both Dustin and Trevor, I can say we have not found anything of that nature,” said Jamieson.
Sarnia Police Service Const. Giovanni Sotosanti agreed while cautioning the public not to speculate.
“We understand it is a very stressful situation for the families and the community,” he explained. “We’d like to reassure the people we don’t believe any of these three cases are related.”
Anyone with information is asked to contact Sarnia police at (519) 344-8861.
Underwater Search and Recovery along the St. Clair River in Sarnia, Ont. on Dec. 7, 2022. (Sean Irvine/CTV News London)
CTVNews.ca Top Stories
Canada's immigration increase alone won't fix the labour market, experts say
Experts say Canada's plan to increase immigration may ease some pressures in the labour market, but bigger changes are needed to ensure new permanent residents are matched with the jobs that most need filling.

Alberta First Nation signing child welfare agreement with feds without the province
An Alberta First Nation is to sign an agreement today with Ottawa giving it the autonomy to administer its child welfare.
Health Canada recalls mugs and houseware from Indigo due to mould contamination
Health Canada is encouraging Canadians to check their cupboards and kitchen tables as the agency has recalled more than 30 types of Indigo-branded items including ceramic mugs, mug ornaments and houseware products due to potential mould contamination.
Radioactive capsule that fell off truck found in Australia
Authorities in Western Australia on Wednesday recovered a tiny but dangerous radioactive capsule that fell off a truck while being transported along a 1,400-kilometre Outback highway last month in what an official said was like finding the needle in the haystack.
Fear of disappointment? This is why you should say 'no' more
Many people have a hard time saying 'no,' a psychologist says, but the reluctance to let others down has widespread mental health impacts.
'We're all Tyre': Family prepares to lay Nichols to rest
The family of Tyre Nichols plans to lay him to rest on Wednesday, three weeks after he died following a brutal beating by Memphis police after a traffic stop.
'Immediately stop' wearing these sweaters and hoodies, Health Canada warns
Nearly 130,000 Helly Hansen sweaters and hoodies have been recalled in Canada due to flammability concerns.
Andrew Tate loses appeal in Romania, to be held 30 more days
Andrew Tate lost his appeal at a Romanian court and will be held for a further 30 days, an official said Wednesday.
'Legitimately flabbergasting': MP raises concerns over government's quarantine hotel spending
Conservative MP Michelle Rempel Garner is raising concerns over the federal government's spending on so-called COVID-19 quarantine hotels, calling the total spent on a Calgary-area hotel in 2022 'legitimately flabbergasting.'