No injuries after fire on Wortley Road
CTV London Published Friday, December 2, 2016 6:24AM EST Last Updated Friday, December 2, 2016 6:26AM EST
Fire officials say a fireplace is to blame for an early morning fire at a home on Wortley Road.
Crews were called to 425 Wortley around 4 a.m. after a fire ignited in the walls around the fireplace.
Officials say that overtime and extended use wood may dry out and combustible material can build up leading to fires.
Firefighters had to tear into the surrounding walls to get at the fire. Total damages are not known at this time and no one was injured in the fire.
Fire officials say that smoke alarms and CO alarms will detect smoke or excess CO in order to provide an early warning for fires such as this one.