What's open and closed on Easter weekend
Children rush a field full of Easter Eggs, candy and other goodies Saturday March 30, 2013 during the Mix 106 Easter Egg Scramble at Julia Davis Park in Boise, Idaho. (AP / Idaho Statesman, Darin Oswald)
Spring has arrived (though recent weather seems to say otherwise) and Easter has come right on its tail, with Easter Sunday on March 27th.
In the past twenty years Easter has fallen in March only five times. In 2008 it came even earlier with Easter Sunday on March 23rd.
Traditionally Easter is held after the first full moon following the Spring Equinox, this year the full moon fell on March 23rd.
Whatever the reason for the early long weekend, it means that most business and services will be closed Friday and Sunday, and government offices will be remain closed on Monday.
Here’s a list of what’s open and closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday:
- Malls, including White Oaks, Westmount, and Masonville will be closed Friday and Sunday
- Major grocery stores will be closed Friday and Sunday with regular hours resuming Monday
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations are closed Friday and Sunday
- All government offices and municipal buildings are closed Friday, Sunday, and Monday along with libraries, and schools
- LTC buses will be running Friday but on a holiday schedule
- No mail service on Good Friday or Monday