What's open and closed Easter long weekend
Children rush a field full of Easter Eggs, candy and other goodies Saturday March 30, 2013 during the Mix 106 Easter Egg Scramble at Julia Davis Park in Boise, Idaho. (AP / Idaho Statesman, Darin Oswald)
The first long weekend of spring is here, and while Good Friday is a statutory holiday, government workers will get a four day weekend.
Here’s a list of what’s open and closed on Good Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday:
- Malls, including White Oaks, Westmount, and Masonville will be closed Friday and Sunday. Regular hours will resume Monday along with most retails stores.
- Major grocery stores will be closed Friday and Sunday with regular hours resuming Monday.
- Two Shoppers Drug Mart stores will be open Friday and Sunday 10am-6pm: 510 Hamilton Rd. and 1224 Commissioners Rd. West.
- All LCBO and Beer Store locations are closed Friday and Sunday.
- All government offices and municipal buildings are closed Monday along with libraries, banks, and schools.
- LTC buses will be running Friday but on a holiday schedule.
- No mail service on Good Friday or Monday.