Two men charged after gun seized, one suspect at large
A Cobra Enterprises .380 semi-automatic handgun seized from a home on Allen Place is seen in this image released by the London Police Service on Tuesday, June 24, 2014..
London police have laid charges against two men after a handgun, ammunition and drugs were seized from a home on Allen Place on Monday.
A loaded Cobra Enterprises .380 semi-automatic handgun with eight rounds of ammunition was seized, along with a small amount of hydromorphone and cocaine.
As a result of the investigation, two 28-year-old men from London, James Moody and Sean Tourand are facing charges including:
- - Possess firearm/ammunition while prohibited, contrary to section 117.01(1);
- - Possess loaded regulated firearm, contrary to section 95(1);
- - Carelessly storage of firearm, contrary to section 86(1);
- - Possess prohibited firearm, contrary to section 92(1);
- - Unlicenced person possess prohibited/restricted weapon, contrary to section 91(2); and
- - Possess Schedule I substance for trafficking, contrary to section 5(2) of the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act.
Moody is also charged with possession of a schedule I substance and police say Tourand will be charged with two additional counts of possess firearm/ammunition while prohibited.
Tourand is being sought by police. He is described as white, 5'7" tall, 155 pounds, with dark hair in a short brush cut, facial hair and tattoos of a lion on his left upper arm and 'Junior' on his upper back.
Anyone with information is asked to contact police at 519-661-5670 or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.