Bryan Robinson has been sentenced to life in prison with no possibility of parole for 12 years in the death of 31-year-old Therssa Wilson

The 54-year-old pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in the case earlier this week, which carries an automatic life sentence.

The judge agreed with the Crown’s request for 12 years before parole eligibility, while the defence had asked for ten years.

Wilson’s body was found in the Thames River near Chatham in March 2011. An autopsy found she had been killed by a blow to the head.

She had been reported missing in November 2010 by Robinson, who was her boyfriend at the time.

An escort working in the Exeter Road area, Wilson was known to have addiction issues before she disappeared.

Her two children delivered emotional victim impact statements ahead of the sentencing on Friday.

The entire courtroom was filled with sobs as her son Connor Fleming read “Our mother won’t be there to see us get married and have families of our own.”

Asked if he wanted to address the court Robinson said “I miss her,” which drew shocked gasps from Wilson’s family and friends. He also added “I wish it never happened.”

Outside the courthouse Fleming says of the sentence “It's definitely what we fought for and he deserves it…She's our mother. She's supposed to be the one that's supposed to be there to the end. She's supposed to be there for all the important things in our life; marriage, kids, families, our jobs and she gets to miss out on all that now.”

Jimenez-Acosta sentenced Friday

Daniel Jimenez-Acosta, a man found guilty of second-degree murder in the death of his wife, was also sentenced Friday.

Patricia Pacheco-Hernandez was killed in May 2011, bludgeoned to death by a lead crystal vase in the family’s south London home. The marriage was reportedly disintegrating.

Jimenez-Acosta was sentenced to life behind bars with no possibility of parole for 13 years.

He is reportedly considering an appeal in the case, but his legal team says he is worried about how it might impact his family.

Defence lawyer Martin Montes says “Coming back for another trial would not just be stressful for him, but for everybody involved. But when it comes down to it, I think he will decide that way.”

Jimenez-Acosta has 30 days to file an appeal.