It's been just over 24 hours since London's third homicide victim was laid to rest. Now, the family of Nathan Deslippe has released a statement to CTV London following his funeral Thursday at St. Peter's Cathedral.

Our hearts are broken, but the love and support that we have received from so, so many people has allowed us to begin the healing process. Although our hearts are heavy, we are able to cry with sorrow, laugh graciously and love with open arms. The multitude of visitations, stories, hugs, and messages have been overwhelming and heartwarming.

When we looked up during the service at St. Peter’s, we were struck with awe at the power of Nathan’s life. The cathedral was full. We know Nathan is humbled, but thrilled at the acknowledgement of his life and his inspiration.

We would like to express our sincere gratitude to everyone for the tremendous outpouring. We have received countless stories and pictures from people Nathan touched in grade school, high school, sports teams, Amabile, college, university, community organizations, yoga, work, networking groups, leadership groups and so many, many more.

Nathan always said his goal was to leave people better than when he found them, and his spirit is so strong that there is already forward movement on initiatives that will bring forth community connections, goodwill, and growth. We are humbled. Nathan would be proud.

Nathan would remind us - “Today you are a you! That is truer than true! There is no one alive who is you-er than you!” ~Dr. Seuss

Thank you,

Tim, Mona, and Jessica.

On Aug. 28, London police were called to 323 Colborne St. around 10 a.m. where they located Deslippe in an apartment unit.

A man was arrested on scene.

William Joles, 27, a known friend and roommate of Deslippe, has been charged with second degree murder and one count each of forcible confinement, assault and uttering threats to case death against a second individual.

Deslippe was considered by many to be a rising star in the local tech industry and was popular throughout the community.

Police continue to investigate.