Man found sleeping in vehicle leads to drug seizure
Five members of the same family are facing drug trafficking charges after police investigated a man found sleeping in his vehicle on Monday.
A search of the vehicle found in a parking lot at 242 Wellington Road, revealed an illegal pharmacy on wheels.
The items seized from the vehicle included: a .38 calibre bullet, hydromorphone tablets, oxycodone tablets, dilaudid tablets, MDMA tablets, crack cocaine, powder cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, clonazepam tablets, Tylenol 3 tablets, nortriptyline tablets, fentanyl patches, an electronic scale, unused baggies, a crack pipe, pepper spray and over $5,280 in cash.
As a result of the investigation, 32-year-old Shane Simmers of London has been charged with:
- possession of ammunition while prohibited
- possession of a prohibited weapon
- seven counts of possession of a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking
- possession of a Schedule III substance for the purpose of trafficking
- possession of a Schedule IV substance for the purpose of trafficking
Following the vehicle search, an ongoing investigation led members of the London Police Service Guns and Drugs Section and RCMP to search homes on Martinet Avenue and Fairhaven Circle.
At the home on Martinet police seized a variety of items valued at a total of $5,785 including: a Cooey model 600 bolt action rifle 22 calibre with scope, hydromorphone, marijuana bud, crack cocaine, crystal methamphetamine, MDMA, dilaudid and methadone.
Also found at the home were a television and tablet computer reported stolen during a break and enter in Aylmer on Saturday.
Five London residents: Shane Simmers, Brandon Simmers, 28, Cory Simmers, 24, Maria Simmers, 55, and Kevin Simmers, 53, have each been charged with:
- five counts of possessing a Schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking
- possess Schedule II substance for the purpose of trafficking
- possess Schedule III substance for the purpose of trafficking
- two counts of possessing property obtained by crime
- store weapons and ammunition carelessly
- unauthorized possession of firearm
Shane Simmers has also been charged with possessing a firearm/ammunition while prohibited.