Man facing several charges following fatal rollover on 401
A Calgary man is facing criminal charges after a fatal rollover on Highway 401 Saturday night.
Middlesex OPP responded to a single motor vehicle collision in the eastbound lanes of the 401, near Colonel Talbot Road just after 8:33 p.m. Saturday.
Police say the driver of a Chevrolet Equinox SUV lost control of his vehicle, ran off the roadway and went into the south ditch where the vehicle rolled.
Two of the five occupants were transported a London hospital.
One person succumbed to his injuries while in hospital, another suffered minor injuries.
The driver was arrested at the scene and taken into police custody where he faces a number of Criminal Code charges.
As a result of the investigation, police have charged the driver, 25-year-old James Lugela of Calgary, Alberta with:
- Impaired Operation/Care or Control of a Motor Vehicle Cause Death
- Impaired Operation of a Motor Vehicle Cause Bodily Harm
- Fail to Provide a Breath Sample
- Dangerous Operation of a Motor Vehicle Causing Death
- Dangerous Operation of Motor Vehicle Causing Bodily Harm
Names of the other individuals involved will be released once next-of-kin are notified.
Anyone with information regarding the collision is asked to contact OPP.