London police seize drugs, weapons from north end home
A handgun and prohibited knives seized from a home are seen in this photo released by the London Police Service.
Two Londoners are facing charges after a gun, knives and drugs were seized from a home on Arbour Glen Crescent on Thursday.
London police and the RCMP searched the home and seized drugs valued at $1,460 and $470 in cash.
Among the items seized were:
- 14 grams of hydromorphone powder valued at $1,400
- 0.2 grams crystal meth valued at $20
- four grams marijuana bud valued at $40
- a High Standard 22 calibre nine-shot handgun
- one 38 calibre round
- 20 shotgun shells
- 13 prohibited weapons including flick knives, butterly knife and brass knuckles
Police say the handgun seized had been reported missing from a London residence in June 2012.
As a result, Robert Prince, 42, and Jennifer Smith, 30, have been charged with:
- careless storage of a firearm
- possess firearm without licence
- two counts of possess prohibited device
- possess firearm obtained by crime
- two counts of possess stolen property under $5,000
- two counts of possess schedule I substance for trafficking
- possess schedule II substance for trafficking