Five people charged after search of Adelaide Street property
London police say five people have been charged after a search uncovered prohibited weapons, ammunition and drugs worth thousands of dollars.
Police executed a search warrant at 812 Adelaide Street North in the Oxford Street area shortly before 7 p.m. on Wednesday, blocking traffic in the area for several hours.
Marijuana, hashish, knives, an expandable baton, over 170 rounds of ammunition and a sawed-off shotgun were seized from the property.
Jamie Clements, 18, Johnny Grebenchan, 22, Mary McAndrews, 44, John Grebenchan, 47, and a young offender, all London residents, are facing numerous charges.
Some of the charges include:
- careless storage of a firearm
- careless storage of ammunition
- unlicenced possession of a restricted weapon
- three counts of possession of a prohibited weapon
- possession of a regulated firearm
- two counts of possession of drugs for the purpose of trafficking