Driver who was critically injured in June crash now facing charges
A closeup of an OPP cruiser. (Nate Vandermeer / CTV News Ottawa)
LONDON, ONT. -- A 20-year-old Sarnia man who was critically injured in a single vehicle crash back in June is now facing charges for the same crash.
An air ambulance was called into the scene on June 24, to airlift the driver who was facing life-threatening injuries.
Provincial police closed down LaSalle Line after the crash just east of Kimball Road around 2:30 a.m.
The driver survived his injuries and following an investigation police have now laid charges.
The list of charges includes:
- Operation While Impaired - Alcohol Drugs
- Operation Whule Impaired - Blood Alcohol Concentration 80 Plus
- Class G1 Licence Holider - Unaccmpanied by Qualified Driver
- Class G1 Licence Holider - Drive at Unlawful Hour
- Novice Driver - Blood Alcohol Concentration above Zero
- Driver fail to Properly Wear Seat Belt
The accused is set to appear in court on Jan. 11, 2021.