Charges laid after St. Thomas police, OPP chase
A damaged OPP cruiser is seen following a police chase that began in St. Thomas and ended in Elgin County, Ont. on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013. (Justin Zadorsky / CTV London)
A 23-year-old woman is now facing charges after a police pursuit on Thursday that involved both St. Thomas police and Elgin County OPP.
During the course of the pursuit, the woman allegedly side-swiped an OPP cruiser and resisted arrest.
Stephanie Victoria Stover of Malahide Township is facing charges including:
- flight from police
- dangerous operation of a motor vehicle
- failing to stop at the scene of a collision
- two counts of failing to comply with recognizance
- mischief endangering life
- assaulting a peace officer
She is scheduled to appear in court in St. Thomas on Friday for a bail hearing.