Charges laid after firearm, cache of ammunition seized in London
London police have seized a firearm and a large quantity of ammunition following a search of a location in the city's southeast end.
Officers executed a warrant in the 700 block of Shelborne Street on Tuesday afternoon.
As a result the following items were seized:
- Lee Enfield Mark I bolt-action rifle
- 256 x .22 calibre ammunition
- 41 x 12 gauge shells
- 18 x .30-30 ammunition
- 17 x .40 calibre ammunition
- two .270 calibre ammunition
- one 20 gauge shell
- two .22 calibre handgun magazines
- one .303 calibre rifle magazine
- various firearm parts
As a result of the investigation a 28-year-old Sarnia, Ont. man has been charged with possess firearm other than restricted or prohibited firearm knowingly not holding a licence and careless storage of firearm, weapon, prohibited device or ammunition.
He is expected to appear in court Wednesday.
London Top Stories