Arrest made in Commissioners Road bank robbery
Police investigate a robbery at a Bank of Montreal on Commissioners Road in London, Ont. on Thursday, May 9, 2013.
London police say a 20-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a robbery at the Bank of Montreal in early May.
Officers were called to the branch at 1315 Commissioners Road East around 12:30 p.m. on May 9th, after a lone male entered with what appeared to be a gun and demanded money.
The suspect fled in a silver Volkswagen Passat, which was found a short time later engulfed in flames in a parking lot at 590 Millbank Drive.
Investigators found the vehicle and plates were stolen.
No one was injured in the robbery and the fire did not cause any damage to other property.
Abdullah Youssef of London has been charged with:
- three counts of robbery while armed with a weapon or imitation
- use imitation firearm during the commission of an offence
- carry a concealed weapon
- wearing a mask or disguise with intent to commit an offence
- two counts of possession of stolen property
- driving while disqualified
He is scheduled to appear in court on August 27th.