Adelaide St. apartment fire leads to seizure of guns and drugs
London police seized guns and drugs following a fourth floor apartment fire at 1134 Adelaide St. N. Saturday afternoon.
Police and fire crews responded to the apartment around 1 p.m. and the apartment's resident was taken to hospital to be treated for multiple burns.
Following an investigation, a search warrant was executed at the address and police seized:
- 254 grams of marijuana bud totalling $2,540
- 1863 grams of marijuana shake totalling approximately $400
- 15 vials of cannabis resin with residue
- 30 cans of butane
- a .380 caliber semi-automatic handgun
- loaded magazine with six rounds of .380 caliber ammunition
- a 22-caliber semi-automatic rifle
- 13 rounds of 22 caliber ammunition
- 15 rounds of 38 caliber ammunition
Asa a result, a 53-year-old London man has been charged with two counts of possession of a Schedule I substance, production of a Schedule II substance and numerous firearms-related offences.