$174K drug bust southeast of Tillsonburg
(Scott Miller / CTV London)
A man and woman have been arrested and drugs and weapons seized after an OPP search in Norfolk County.
Several OPP units were involved in a search at an address on Norfolk County Road 60 in South Walsingham around 11:55 a.m. on Thursday.
As a result, drugs valued at $174,000, as well as firearms, ammunition, packaging and equipment was seized.
In a statement, Norfolk County OPP Const. Ed Sanchuk said "Illicit drugs continue to be a scourge in society and an ongoing threat to the safety of Ontario residents and communities. The OPP remains strongly committed to work within all of our communities across the province to stem the tide of illicit drugs."
As a result of the investigation, Darrell Grand Hazen, 52, and Tammy McKillen, 49, both of Norfolk County hav been charged with:
- three counts of unauthorized possession of a firearm
- three counts of unsafe storage of a firearm
- possession of a prohibited weapon – shuriken
- possession for the purpose of trafficking – marijuana
- possession for the purpose of trafficking - hashish
- producing a scheduled II substance – hashish
- producing a scheduled II substance – cannabis oil
Hazen is also facing one count of possession of methamphetamine.
Both are scheduled to appear in a Simcoe court at a later date to answer to the charges.